Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will have:
- A passionate purpose
- Do worthwhile work
- Make a difference in people’s lives
InterCare is searching for a part-time Psychiatrist to join our team!
The Psychiatrist is responsible for diagnosing and treating individuals (adults and children) with mental health and substance use disorders. Conducts assessments, develops treatment plan utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications. Provides education on medication, wellness, and health issues to patients, providers, family members, and staff. Applies culturally competent, recovery based practices, trauma informed culture of safety to aid individuals in their recovery process.
Hours of work are 2.5 hours per week, no more than 10 hours per month.
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the right to equal access to quality health care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform initial psychiatric evaluation
- Develop individualized treatment plans, monitors and evaluates treatment results
- Prescribe psychopharmacological medications as needed, monitor effects of medications, order lab tests as needed and evaluate results
- Assure quality and safety service for patients and staff by enforcing InterCare policies, procedures, Joint Commission requirements and legal regulations
- Participates in record reviews as needed
- Documents symptoms, mental status, medication justification, treatment summaries etc. in the electronic health record
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities
- Provides consultation to behavioral health consultants, outpatient therapists, and medical providers, as needed
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed
- Doctorate degree from an accredited medical program and residency in psychiatry
- One or more years working with individuals with mental illness, substance use
- Must possess excellent computer, communication, organization, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Licensed by the Michigan department of Commerce or professional regulation as a Physician and is board certified in psychiatry or board eligible within three years
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred but not required
InterCare Community Health Network is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Bangor, Michigan. We employ 400 medical and dental health professionals and support personnel at multiple locations. InterCare is a federally qualified health center dedicated to improving individual health and reducing health issues in communities that we serve. We pursue our vision through the delivery of a broad range of primary care services and by promoting open access for all. InterCare's main focus is on disease prevention, wellness, and regular and timely treatment of chronic conditions. We pride ourselves on excellent