Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will have:
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the right to equal access to quality health care.
InterCare is searching for a Front Office Specialist to join our team! The Front Office Specialist performs a wide variety of medical front office duties while providing excellent customer service to patients and staff.
Hours of work are Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM with a rotating evening shift required.
Medical office experience and medical administrative training with knowledge of insurance verification preferred. Must have excellent customer service, phone, reception, and multi-tasking skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets patients and visitors and directs them accordingly
- Registers patient by completing appropriate forms and enter patient information into the electronic health record (EHR) system completely and accurately
- Obtains insurance authorization as needed to process provider/insurance compatibility for services needed.
- Collects patient fees
- Copy and scan patient information
- Educate new patients regarding financial responsibilities.
- Answer incoming telephone calls
- Promote patient satisfaction and provide excellent customer service
- Assist in processing patient referrals as required
- Follow HIPAA guidelines and safety rules
- Attends staff meetings
- Participates in on-going required training
- Performs other duties, as assigned