Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will have:
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the right to equal access to quality health care.
InterCare is searching for a OB Medical Assistant to join our team! This position is responsible for performing select clinical and administrative duties within our OB/GYN department as delegated by the licensed physician, in accordance with InterCare policies and procedures; actively participates as a member of the patient care team.
Monday through Friday 7:40 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Displays compassionate, ethical and professional demeanor.
- Communicates effectively with patients and family members involved in their care.
- Maintains a positive presence in the clinical setting.
- Participates constructively in meetings and as part of a team.
- Maintains informative and cooperative working relationships with InterCare staff and colleagues.
Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Possesses a general knowledge of clinical practices as acquired through formal training, including a certificate MA program, or associates degree in medical assisting.
- Certified by accredited certification body -or- qualifies to test (required at next InterCare test date), and obtains passing score.
- BLS Certification, to be completed within two months of employment.
- Proficient in customer service and professionalism.
- Thorough working knowledge of prevailing standards of care, InterCare’s clinical guidelines, and patient care policies and procedures.
- Meets all Safety and regulatory requirements to include but not limited to Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals, Infection Control, OSHA and annual competencies.
- Completes all annual competencies.
- Proficient in EHR and EPM.
- Ability to use and respond to e-mail.
- Ability to use other InterCare desktop tools, including Safety Zone, Net Learning, and iTAC.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Possesses a professional level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex concept in a clear effective manner.
- Possesses excellent cross cultural communication skills and the ability to communicate to staff members at all levels.