Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will have:
- A passionate purpose
- Do worthwhile work
- Make a difference in people’s lives
InterCare is searching for an SUD Care Manager to join our team! This position will work at both of our Bangor and Eau Claire locations.
Serves as a member of the care team providing high quality, holistic healthcare to patients with Substance Use Disorder (SUD) through a client-centered approach. Responsible for providing care management to SUD and Medication Assisted treatment (MAT) patients and working in collaboration with other members of the team to assist patients in meeting their recovery goals.
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the right to equal access to quality health care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develops individualized patient care plans
- Performs or assures completion/ documentation of a comprehensive patient assessment: medical, functional, cognitive, affective, psychosocial, nutritional and environmental
- Works in collaboration with the BHP (Behavioral Health Provider) and the Primary Care Provider (PCP) to develop and implement an individualized care plan in a person-centered manner, basing level of care on the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Criteria
- Initiates evidence-based care planning with the patient/family
- Assists the patient in developing realistic self-management goals and the implementation of care plans. Assists in the identification of barriers if goals are not met
- Monitors the patient, assessing progress on treatment goals and self-management goals
- Monthly, or more frequently if needed, reviews and updates care plans in conjunction with the BHP, peer recovery coach and patient to measure patient success
Provides patient education
- Identifies patient teaching needs related to SUD and MAT as applicable
- Documents patient teaching and comprehension
- Identifies education related to patient learning needs and to assess patient’s knowledge, skill level and readiness for learning
- Develops and/or acquires educational materials, supplies and equipment necessary for learning.
Provides Care Coordination
- Serves as a liaison between patient, providers, families, collaborative service networks and other specialty services pertaining to person-centered plan.
- Coordinates care across all health settings utilizing CCD-A’s and knowledge of hospitalizations and ER visits
- Supports and utilizes Community Referral Base; makes recommendations to providers, patients and families regarding the availability of services based on coverage by the patient’s payer or the patient’s ability to pay for services
Participates as a clinical team member
- Assists clinical co-workers with maintaining efficient patient flow.
- Manages care of patients through collaboration with members of the health care team and other health professionals in order to make decisions about treatment and assist the patient in attaining health goals
- Assures the establishment and ongoing performance of huddles to discuss and review SUD/MAT clients with the interdisciplinary team
- Confer with Peer Recovery Coach to provide direction in assessment, monitoring, and evaluation of patient rehabilitation and adherence to medication and services
Provides Nursing Responsibilities
- Provides medication management and adherence education within the scope of care management
- Provide nursing responsibilities required in OTP and OBOT programs
- Supports site staff with the administration of Vivitrol
- Displays compassionate, ethical and professional demeanor
- Communicates effectively with patients and family members involved in their care
- Maintains a positive presence in the clinical setting
- Participates constructively in meetings and as part of a team
- Maintains informative and cooperative working relationships with InterCare staff and colleagues
Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Possesses knowledge of nursing practices acquired through graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science nursing program with a minimum of year of ambulatory and /or hospital nursing experience. Experience in Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and or Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) preferred, care management experience preferred.
- BSN REQUIRED
- Current RN license in the State of Michigan
- BLS Certification, to be completed within two months of employment
- Proficient in customer service and professionalism
- Thorough working knowledge of prevailing standards of care, InterCare’s clinical guidelines, and patient care policies and procedures
- Meets all Safety and regulatory requirements to include but not limited to Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals, Infection Control, OSHA and annual competencies
- Proficient in EHR and EPM
- Ability to use and respond to e-mail
- Ability to use other InterCare desktop tools,- including Safety Zone, Net Learning, and iTAC
- Possesses a professional level of written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex concept in a clear effective manner
- Possesses excellent cross cultural communication skills and the ability to communicate to staff members at all levels
Job duties performed in the typical office environment of the organization, which requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations. The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following:
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, frequently sit, and lift up to 25 lbs
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, reach with arms & hands, and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and manipulate (using keyboard, office equipment)
- Visual acuity to use keyboard, operate office equipment, and read printed material and regularly required to talk and hear
- Able to hear and communicate clearly with clients and staff on telephone and in person