Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will have:
- A passionate purpose
- Do worthwhile work
- Make a difference in people’s lives
InterCare is searching for an Assistant Manager of Clinical Services to join our team!
In conjunction with Health Center Manager, provides leadership and oversight for the health center’s clinical functions. Provides supervisory oversight for medical assisting, nursing, and laboratory staff.
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the right to equal access to quality health care.
Hours of work are Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM with occasional evenings possible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a high performing health center clinical team.
- Hires, directs, coordinates, and coaches assigned staff.
- Clearly sets, monitors and communicates performance expectations.
- Regularly provides constructive feedback to assigned employees and conducts timely and accurate performance evaluations.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Systems Department, identifies and addresses assigned staff’s training and development needs.
- Aligns direct reports with organizational and clinic priorities and maintains a strong focus on their engagement and accountability.
- Facilitates excellent employee communication pathways.
- In collaboration with Health Center Manager, oversees uniform implementation of HR policy and procedure.
- Oversees the precepting of all new assigned clinical staff.
- Works with the Clinical Systems Department (CSD) to assure initial and ongoing staff competencies are completed.
- Functions effectively in the leadership of health center clinical functions including planning, execution, decision-making, coordinating, innovating, directing, and evaluating.
- Engages effectively in planning, implementing, and improving clinical services and programs for the Holland health center.
- Oversees the implementation and ongoing compliance with all clinical policies and procedures at the site. Recommends policy changes and new policy development to the CSD.
- Collaborates with Health Center Manager as appropriate in the development, submission, implementation, and evaluation of assigned clinic’s annual work plan, compliance plan, and QI plan.
- Participates responsibly in effective budgeting /financial management and control of assigned functions.
- Participates in and supports emerging or ongoing change efforts.
- Helps direct leadership attention to the most important aspects of clinical operations and care.
- Identifies, reviews, and addresses environment of care deficiencies.
- Remains alert and responsive to areas of potential and actual risk to InterCare in terms of facilities, staff, patients, and financial operations.
- Assures full compliance with legal and regulatory standards including Joint Commission and Patient Centered Medical Home.
- Assumes day to day management responsibility for assigned health center(s) clinical team.
- Works in collaboration with providers, clinical support staff, and the CSD to deliver safe, high quality patient care.
- Performs high level nursing functions as needed.
- Monitors clinical staff workload and shifts staff resources as needed.
- Reviews and audits work of clinical staff for policy compliance, quality, and accuracy.
- Assures a positive patient experience by reviewing and addressing patient concerns.
- Delegates appropriately and uses others’ talents well.
- Consistently strives to develop the attributes identified by InterCare’s Leadership Success Profile.
- Functions effectively as a member of the clinic's management team.
- Develops innovative approaches to efficient, effective clinical care operations.
- Develops and maintains effective professional working relationships.
- Consistently demonstrates ability to think critically, juggle multiple priorities, adjust to changing circumstances, organize time efficiently, remain attentive to details and exert a positive influence on those around him/her.
- Embraces InterCare’s leadership development opportunities and strategies.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
- Current, valid Michigan Registered Nurse licensure.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the theory and practices of primary care delivery, typically acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in nursing with extensive supervisory experience in a professional healthcare environment.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of community health center standards and requirements, the TJC accreditation process, PCMH standards, and other applicable rules and regulations.
- Understands and consistently supports the uniform implementation of InterCare’s adopted policies and procedures in assigned areas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to use clerical and numerical skills in preparing final drafts and documents from raw data
- Ability to create letters, forms, documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Ability to run reports, analyze and interpret data from various organizational systems
- Possesses a professional level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear, effective manner.
- Possesses excellent cross-cultural communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally to patients, perspective employees, vendors, business associates and staff members at all levels.
Job duties are performed in the typical office environment of the organization, which requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations. The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following:
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, frequently sit, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, reach with arms & hands, and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and manipulate (using keyboard, office equipment).
- Visual acuity to use keyboard, operate office equipment, and read printed material and regularly required to stand and hear.