Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will have:
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the right to equal access to quality health care.
InterCare is searching for a Front Office Lead to join our team! The Front Office Lead functions as a team leader for the health center's front office function including reception, registration, and patient relations.
Hours of work are Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Provides direction and oversight for front office staff.
- Precepts all new front office staff.
- Monitors front office workload and shifts staff resources as needed.
- Reviews and audits work of front office staff for policy compliance and accuracy.
- Assists site management with staff reviews, hiring, terminations, coaching, and disciplinary actions as requested.
- Participates in site and corporate performance improvement efforts as requested.
2) Greets and assists patients in navigation of their visit.
- Assists patients and visitors with the sign in process and directs them to the appropriate area.
- Contacts other staff for further patient assistance as needed.
- Monitors waiting room for wait times and informs supervisor of delays.
- Keeps patients informed of wait times and any delays in care.
- Deals effectively with difficult/emotional patient situations. Seeks assistance as needed.
3) Registers new and existing patients for their scheduled appointment.
- Enters patient demographic and insurance information into the electronic practice management system.
- Reviews pay source information to assure it is up to date and has been verified online at the time of the patient visit.
- Assesses the need for insurance enrollment, sliding fee eligibility and state funded assistance programs. Assists with application process if appropriate or directs to enroller.
- Educates patients regarding financial responsibility and InterCare’s payment policies.
- Obtains signature(s) on all required forms.
- Schedules follow-up and walk-in appointments as requested.
4) Initiates the point of service payment/collection process.
- Collects patient copays.
- Creates receipts for payments collected.
- Arranges for patients to speak with financial counselor as needed.
5) Performs various clerical duties including scanning and faxing of documents and identification cards.
1) Delegates appropriately and uses others’ talents well.
2) Consistently strives to develop the attributes identified by InterCare’s Leadership Success Profile.
3) Functions effectively as a member of the clinic's management team.
4) Develops innovative approaches to efficient, effective dental clinic operations.
5) Develops and maintains effective professional working relationships.
6) Consistently demonstrates ability to think critically, juggle multiple priorities, adjust to changing circumstances, organize time efficiently, remain attentive to details and exert a positive influence on those around him/her.
7) Embraces InterCare’s leadership development opportunities and strategies.
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
1) Possesses a thorough understanding of the theory and practices of primary care dental clinic functions, typically acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree with extensive supervisory experience in a professional dental clinic environment.
2) Develops and maintains a working knowledge of community health center standards and requirements, the TJC accreditation process, PCMH standards, and other applicable rules and regulations.
3) Understands and consistently supports the uniform implementation of InterCare’s adopted policies and procedures in assigned areas.
1) Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
2) Ability to use clerical and numerical skills in preparing final drafts and documents from raw data
3) Ability to create letters, forms, documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
4) Ability to run reports, analyze and interpret data from various organizational systems
1) Possesses a professional level of written and verbal communication skills.
2) Ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear, effective manner.
3) Possesses excellent cross-cultural communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally to patients, perspective employees, vendors, business associates and staff members at all levels.
Job duties are performed in the typical office environment of the organization, which requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations. The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following:
1) Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, frequently sit, and lift up to 25 lbs.
2) Requires good hand-eye coordination, reach with arms & hands, and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and manipulate (using keyboard, office equipment).
3) Visual acuity to use keyboard, operate office equipment, and read printed material and regularly required to talk and hear.