Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will have:
- A passionate purpose
- Do worthwhile work
- Make a difference in people’s lives
InterCare is searching for a part-time Registered Dental Hygienist to join our team!
The Registered Dental Hygienist is responsible for assisting dental providers with the provision of high quality, preventive and restorative patient centered primary oral health care to InterCare's target populations.
This position is located in our Bangor clinic on Thursday and Friday and has the potential for additional hours each week at our other clinics in Benton Harbor, Holland, Pullman, and Eau Claire.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides efficient and effective patient preventive care according to the adopted clinical standards
- Prepares the room for patient treatment.
- Seats the patient, and prepares patients for treatment, including blood pressures, pulse, and patient identification.
- Correctly documents in EHR, EDR, and EPM as needed.
- Cleans the room after patient treatment according to infection control procedures.
- Stocks the rooms, so all treatment can be completed without having to leave the room for supplies.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments according to all policies and procedures.
- Provide understandable and complete instructions for procedures done, using diverse learning skills, with documentation of the patients understanding.
- Schedules return appointments.
- Meets all accepted dental treatment standards to provide quality care.
Participates constructively as a clinical team member.
- Meets staff satisfaction expectations.
- Communicates openly with other staff and site managers.
- Regularly attends site, and assigned meetings.
- Returns phone messages, and e-mails in a timely manner.
- Engages in practice improvement initiatives.
- Strives to meet all workplace standards.
Meets all dental safety and regulatory requirements.
- Meets Infection control competencies.
- Adheres to all Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals.
- Adheres to all OSHA standards.
- Completes all annual competencies.
- Uses tools and equipment in accordance with safety guidelines and regulations.
- Displays compassionate, ethical and professional demeanor.
- Communicates effectively with patients and family members involved in their care.
- Maintains a positive presence in the clinical setting.
- Participates constructively in meetings and as part of a team.
- Maintains informative and cooperative working relationships with InterCare staff and colleagues.
Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Possesses a thorough understanding of theory and practices of dentistry, acquired through graduating from a dental hygiene program.
- Maintains continuing education requirements for registration.
- Maintains registration requirements.
- Thorough working knowledge of prevailing standards of care, InterCare’s clinical guidelines, and patient care policies and procedures.
- Proficient in EHR, EDR, and EPM.
- Ability to use and respond to email.
- Ability to use other InterCare desktop tools, including incident reporting, Net Learning, and ITAC.
- Possesses a professional level of written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex concept in a clear effective manner
- Possesses excellent cross cultural communication skills and the ability to communicate to staff members at all levels
InterCare Community Heath Network provides a rewarding and challenging work environment, and a very competitive benefits package which includes: a generous paid time off package including paid holidays, competitive wages, tuition assistance program, and life insurance. InterCare Community Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
InterCare Community Health Network is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Bangor, Michigan. We employ 400 medical and dental health professionals and support personnel at multiple locations. InterCare is a federally qualified health center dedicated to improving individual health and reducing health issues in communities that we serve. We pursue our vision through the delivery of a broad range of primary care services and by promoting open access for all. InterCare's main focus is on disease prevention, wellness, and regular and timely treatment of chronic conditions. We pride ourselves on excellent communications with our patients, and on a strong health education focus that helps our patients and their families become involved in their own health care.