Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will have:
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the right to equal access to quality health care.
InterCare is searching for a RN Clinic Nurse to join our team! This position is responsible for providing nursing care and for assisting the healthcare provider in an ambulatory care setting. This care will focus on providing continuing health care to patients, family, and the community. Functions as an integral member of the patient care team.
Hours of work are Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5:15 PM with one evening until 7:30 PM per week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Responsible for performing high level nursing functions.
- Works in partnership with providers and other clinical support staff to deliver safe, high quality patient assessment, treatment, and follow up care in a patient centered medical home ambulatory setting.
- Assess patients and recognizes abnormalities or urgent problems and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Works in collaboration with the provider and other care team members in advising and referring the patient / families to community resources and tracks all community resource referrals.
- Performs patient assessment and care planning to include self management goal setting. (e.g. OB intake, medical assessment, chronic disease management).
- Remains alert to and communicates information regarding potentially high risk situations or unsafe patient conditions.
- Provides patient education; to include identification of teaching needs related to disease management including: diet, exercise, and medications.
- Responsible for the oversight of medication management including the administration of immunizations and other medications and medication refills according to policy and procedures.
- Performs in house laboratory testing following InterCare policy and procedure.
- Responsible for patient triage to include phone triage and walk-ins; Anticipates urgent or emergent patient situations and responds appropriately.
- Performs general care management/population health duties as needed.
2) Provides oversight of clinic flow.
- Functions as a team leader in the delivery of patient services.
- Participates in daily huddle with the clinical support team, FOS and provider (patient care team) to review the daily schedule and enhance patient flow.
- Coordinates care among the clinical support team.
- Helps identify patient flow problems and takes initiative in their solution.
3) Participates as a clinical team member.
- Regularly attends site, and assigned meetings; including CSD training and education sessions.
- Engages in practice improvement initiatives; serves as a member of site PI team as requested.
- Identifies training needs of self or support staff to Health Center Manager.
- Supports the competency and clinical development of other team members.
- Participates in training to improve patient outcomes. The training may include, but not limited to: assisting patients in setting self-management goals, coordination of patient care, patient population management, proactively addressing and assisting in the needs of patients/families in their community, and cultural competency.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Michigan required.
Possesses knowledge of nursing practices acquired through graduation from an accredited nursing program with a minimum of year of ambulatory and /or hospital nursing experience preferred
Proficient in customer service and professionalism
Displays compassionate, ethical and professional demeanor
Communicates effectively with patients and family members involved in their care
Maintains a positive presence in the clinical setting
Ability to multi-task and work with more than one provider
Meets all safety and regulatory requirements to include but not limited to Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals, Infection Control, OSHA, and annual competencies
InterCare Community Health Network is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Bangor, Michigan. We employ 400 medical and dental health professionals and support personnel at multiple locations. InterCare is a federally qualified health center dedicated to improving individual health and reducing health issues in the communities that we serve. InterCare Community Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.