Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will have:
- A passionate purpose
- Do worthwhile work
- Make a difference in people’s lives
InterCare is searching for an Assistant Manager of Dental Services to join our team!
The Assistant Manager of Dental Services, under the oversight of the Site Manager, assumes leadership and operational responsibility for Dental services at the assigned clinic site.
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the right to equal access to quality health care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Maintains a high performing dental team.
- Hires, directs, coordinates, and coaches assigned staff.
- Clearly sets and communicates performance expectations.
- Regularly provides constructive feedback to assigned employees and conducts timely and accurate performance evaluations.
- Identifies and addresses assigned staff’s training and development needs.
- Aligns direct reports with organizational and clinic priorities and maintains a strong focus on their engagement and accountability.
- Facilitates excellent employee communication pathways.
- In conjunction with Health Center Manager, oversees uniform implementation of HR policy and procedure.
- Oversees the precepting of all new dental staff.
2) Functions effectively in leadership of dental program functions including planning, execution, decision-making, coordinating, innovating, directing, and evaluating.
- Engages effectively in planning, implementing, and improving services and programs for assigned functions.
- Participates responsibly in effective budgeting /financial management and control of assigned functions.
- Participates in and supports emerging or ongoing change efforts.
- Helps direct leadership attention to the most important aspects of site dental program functions.
- Works to maximize dental access and integration within the assigned clinic site.
3) Assumes overall management responsibility for assigned dental clinic function.
- Oversees the implementation and ongoing compliance with all dental policies and procedures.
- Monitors provider schedules and daily dental clinic flow for policy compliance and optimal productivity.
- Collaborates with Health Center Manager as appropriate in the development, submission, implementation, and evaluation of assigned clinic’s annual work plan, compliance plan, and QI plan.
- Coordinates staffing schedules, maintaining support staffing ratios with provider staffing levels.
- Monitors workload and staffing and shifts staff resources as needed.
- Assigns daily, weekly and monthly staff duties to meet the established dental care delivery model.
- Reviews and audits work of dental staff for compliance and accuracy.
- Assures a positive patient experience by reviewing and addressing patient concerns.
- Identifies, reviews, and addresses environment of care deficiencies.
- Remains alert and responsive to areas of potential and actual risk to InterCare in terms of facilities, staff, patients, and financial operations.
- Assures full compliance with legal and regulatory standards for assigned dental clinic.
1) Delegates appropriately and uses others’ talents well.
2) Consistently strives to develop the attributes identified by InterCare’s Leadership Success Profile.
3) Functions effectively as a member of the clinic's management team.
4) Develops innovative approaches to efficient, effective dental clinic operations.
5) Develops and maintains effective professional working relationships.
6) Consistently demonstrates ability to think critically, juggle multiple priorities, adjust to changing circumstances, organize time efficiently, remain attentive to details and exert a positive influence on those around him/her.
7) Embraces InterCare’s leadership development opportunities and strategies.
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
1) Possesses a thorough understanding of the theory and practices of primary care dental clinic functions, typically acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree with supervisory experience in a professional dental clinic environment.
2) Develops and maintains a working knowledge of community health center standards and requirements, the TJC accreditation process, PCMH standards, and other applicable rules and regulations.
3) Understands and consistently supports the uniform implementation of InterCare’s adopted policies and procedures in assigned areas.
1) Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
2) Ability to use clerical and numerical skills in preparing final drafts and documents from raw data
3) Ability to create letters, forms, documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
4) Ability to run reports, analyze and interpret data from various organizational systems
1) Possesses a professional level of written and verbal communication skills.
2) Ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear, effective manner.
3) Possesses excellent cross-cultural communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally to patients, perspective employees, vendors, business associates and staff members at all levels.
Job duties are performed in the typical office environment of the organization, which requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations. The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following:
1) Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, frequently sit, and lift up to 25 lbs.
2) Requires good hand-eye coordination, reach with arms & hands, and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and manipulate (using keyboard, office equipment).
3) Visual acuity to use keyboard, operate office equipment, and read printed material and regularly required to talk and hear
InterCare participates in E-Verify and once you have accepted a job offer and completed your I-9, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.