Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will have:
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the right to equal access to quality health care.
InterCare is searching for a Front Office Specialist to join our team! The Front Office Specialist performs a wide variety of medical front office duties while providing excellent customer service to patients and staff.
This position requires employees to work 2-3 evenings per week (Until 8pm).
This position requires someone who is bilingual in English and Spanish.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets patients and visitors and directs them accordingly
- Registers patient by completing appropriate forms and enter patient information into the electronic health record system completely and accurately
- Obtains insurance authorization as needed to process provider/insurance compatibility for services needed.
- Collects patient fees
- Copy and scan patient information
- Educate new patients regarding financial responsibilities
- Answer incoming telephone calls
- Promote patient satisfaction and provide excellent customer service
- Assist in processing patient referrals as required
- Follow HIPAA guidelines and safety rules
- Attends staff meetings
- Participates in on-going required training
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- At least 1 years experience in medical office and/or customer service environment
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong computer skills; experience with NextGen preferred
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, both verbal and written
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certificate or diploma from a medical training course preferred
Medical office experience and medical administrative training with knowledge of insurance verification preferred. Must have excellent customer service, phone, reception, and multi-tasking skills.
InterCare Community Health Network is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Bangor, Michigan. We employ 400 medical and dental health professionals and support personnel at multiple locations. InterCare is a federally qualified health center dedicated to improving individual health and reducing health issues in communities that we serve. We pursue our vision through the delivery of a broad range of primary care services and by promoting open access for all. InterCare's main focus is on disease prevention, wellness, and regular and timely treatment of chronic conditions. We pride ourselves on excellent communications with our patients, and on a strong health education focus that helps our patients and their families become involved in their own health care.