The Accounts Payable Specialist performs a wide variety of accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that InterCare’s invoices are paid timely and accurately
- Maintaining an organized system to receive match and enter invoices
- Prepare checks for payment by getting proper approval and prepare cash requirement report
- Enters all approved invoices into the general ledger system
- Prints checks and gets proper signatures prior to mailing
- Maintains up to date vendor files with paid invoices, up to date contact information and current W9 forms
- Answer incoming telephone calls
- Provides excellent customer service for vendors and internal staff needs
- Assist in addressing issues to communicate department procedures and maintain AP standards.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines and safety rules
- Attends staff meetings
- Participates in on-going required training
- Performs other duties, as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong computer skills: experience with Great Plains Dynamics software preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
InterCare Community Health Networkis a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Bangor, Michigan. We employ 400 medical and dental health professionals and support personnel at multiple locations. InterCare is a federally qualified health center dedicated to improving individual health and reducing health issues in communities that we serve. We pursue our vision through the delivery of a broad range of primary care services and by promoting open access for all. InterCare's main focus is on disease prevention, wellness, and regular and timely treatment of chronic conditions. We pride ourselves on excellent communications with our patients, and on a strong health education focus that helps our patients and their families become involved in their own health care.