Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will have:
- A passionate purpose
- Do worthwhile work
- Make a difference in people’s lives
InterCare is searching for a part-time Call Center Representative to join our team!
Our Call Center Representative serves as first point of contact by answering incoming calls from patients, pharmacies, and other provider offices. We are looking for a dependable person with excellent customer service skills!
Are you a good listener? Do you enjoy talking to people on the phone? If you have great listening and interpersonal skills, can articulate well, and multi-task, this may be the perfect position for you!
This is a part-time position working 20 to 23 hours three days a week, but some fluctuation in hours and days can occur, so the right candidate must be flexible.
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the right to equal access to quality health care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Greets and assists callers.
- Responds to phone inquiries and requests.
- Routes calls to appropriate department or staff as needed.
- Records phone messages in electronic system and tasks appropriate staff.
- Deals effectively with difficult/emotional callers. Seeks assistance as needed.
- Escalates calls to management staff or clinical triage as warranted.
2) Schedules medical and dental appointments in electronic practice management system.
- Obtains and enters accurate patient demographic and insurance information.
- Schedules appointments in accordance with InterCare scheduling policy and procedure.
- Responsible for calling and scheduling patients on recall list.
- Communicates details of appointment to patient.
- Keeps supervisor informed of patient demand and access concerns.
1) Requires strong customer service skills, conscientiousness, attention to detail, and multi-tasking ability.
2) Ability to maintain productivity and complete job duties with speed and accuracy.
3) Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people while developing strong working relationships.
4) Works as part of a team and assists the team in meeting productivity and quality goals.
5) Skill in motivation, self-direction and punctuality.
6) Able to adjust to changing circumstances.
7) Bi-lingual in English and Spanish REQUIRED
Professional and Technical Knowledge
1) Possesses a thorough understanding of customer service practices typically acquired through extensive practical experience.
1) Proficient in electronic practice management systems.
2) Ability to use clerical and numerical skills to perform job duties.
3) Ability to generate letters, forms, and documents.
4) Ability to perform data entry, run reports, and operate common office equipment.
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2) Ability to communicate in a clear effective manner.
3) Possesses excellent cross-cultural communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with patients and staff members at all levels.
Job duties are performed in the typical office environment of the organization. The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following:
1) Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, frequently sit, and lift up to 25 lbs.
2) Requires good hand-eye coordination, reach with arms & hands, and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and manipulate (using keyboard, office equipment).
3) Visual acuity to use keyboard, operate office equipment, and read printed material and regularly required to talk and hear.
InterCare participates in E-Verify and once you have accepted a job offer and completed your I-9, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.