Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will:
- Have a passionate purpose.
- Do worthwhile work.
- Make a difference in people’s lives.
InterCare is searching for a full-time, Patient Transporter to join
our Community Outreach team! At InterCare, you’ll find a rewarding
and challenging work environment and competitive compensation.
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the
right to equal access to quality health care.
Temporary Position- June through September, end date may vary. 35-40
hours per week. Times can flex between days and evening shifts based
on the need.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to transport patients to and from scheduled services
at InterCare or to other healthcare facilities.
- Communicate with clinic staff and patients to schedule
- Maintain up-to-date appointment calendar for others to view.
- Arrange to pick up patients in a timely manner to meet
- Record all transport on transport log and submit documents for
- Responsible for complying with all Michigan driver license and
- Adhere to all InterCare transportation safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain current license, registration, or certification as applicable.
- Submit Michigan Chauffer’s license copy for employee file.
- Follow safety regulations and state law governing vehicle operation.
- Report accidents immediately to supervisor and to law
enforcement as warranted.
- Responsible for maintenance and service of InterCare vehicles.
- Coordinate storage of vehicle with facilities maintenance staff.
- Monitor routine vehicle maintenance to ensure proper operation.
- Ensure a daily checklist of vehicle is completed.
- Notify Facilities and Equipment Manager of mechanical concerns
- Adhere to all regulatory body, infection control, and
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a Michigan Chauffer’s license.
- Proficient in use of electronic devices (phone or tablet) to
communicate to central dispatch, receive information and schedule
- Bilingual Spanish/English Required
- Displays compassionate, ethical, and professional demeanor.
InterCare Community Health Network is a not-for-profit
organization headquartered in Bangor, Michigan. We employ 400 medical
and dental health professionals and support personnel at multiple
locations. InterCare is a federally qualified health center dedicated
to improving individual health and reducing health issues in the
communities that we serve. InterCare Community Health Network is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.