Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will:
- Have a passionate purpose.
- Do worthwhile work.
- Make a difference in people’s lives.
InterCare is searching for a Full- Time Front Office Specialist to
join our team in Pullman! At InterCare, you’ll find a rewarding and
challenging work environment and a competitive compensation and
benefits package which includes: vacation/personal paid time off, sick
time, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program, medical,
prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, and short term and long
term disability insurance.
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the
right to equal access to quality health care.
Hours are Monday- Friday 8a-5:30p. Rotating evening shifts as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist patients in navigation of their visit.
- Assist patients and visitors with the sign-in process.
- Keeps patients and supervisors informed of wait times and delays
- Deals effectively with difficult and emotional patient situations.
- Register new and existing patients.
- Enter patient demographics and insurance information into the
electronic practice management system.
- Review pay source information to assure it is up-to-date and has
been verified online at the time of the patient visit.
- Assess the need for insurance enrollment, sliding fee
eligibility, and state funded assistance programs.
- Educates patients regarding financial responsibility and
InterCare’s payment policies.
- Initiate point of service for payment/collection process.
- Collect patient copays.
- Coordinator patients to speak with financial counselors as needed.
- Perform various clerical duties including scanning and faxing.
- Adhere to all regulatory body, infection control, and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to use clerical and numerical skills to perform job duties.
- Able to perform data entry, run reports, and operate common office equipment.
- Displays compassionate, ethical, and professional demeanor.
- Possesses excellent cross-cultural communication skills and the
ability to communicate effectively with patients and staff members
at all levels.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, reach with arms & hands,
and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and manipulate
(using keyboard, office equipment).
- Visual acuity to use keyboard, operate office equipment, and read
printed material and regularly required to talk and hear.
- Bilingual Spanish/English REQUIRED
InterCare Community Health Network is a not-for-profit
organization headquartered in Bangor, Michigan. We employ 400 medical
and dental health professionals and support personnel at multiple
locations. InterCare is a federally qualified health center dedicated
to improving individual health and reducing health issues in the
communities that we serve. InterCare Community Health Network is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
InterCare participates in E-Verify and once you have accepted
a job offer and completed your I-9, we will provide the federal
government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are
authorized to work in the U.S.