Become part of a Migrant and Community Health Center, where you will:
- Have a passionate purpose.
- Do worthwhile work.
- Make a difference in people’s lives.
InterCare is searching for a full-time Medical Assistant to join our
team in Benton Harbor! At InterCare, you’ll find a rewarding and
challenging work environment and a competitive compensation and
benefits package which includes: vacation/personal paid time off, sick
time, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program, medical,
prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, and short term and long
term disability insurance.
At InterCare Community Health Network, we believe all people have the
right to equal access to quality health care.
Generally Monday-Friday, rotating evening shifts, no weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides efficient and effective patient care according to adopted
- Works in partnership with providers and other clinical staff
to deliver high quality patient assessment, screening,
treatment, education, and follow up care in a patient centered
medical home ambulatory setting.
- Works in collaboration with the provider and other care team
members in advising and referring the patient/ families to
community resources and tracks all community resource referrals.
- Performs clinical procedures as competency assessed and
appropriate for position.
- Consistently and accurately enter patient information into the EHR.
- Assures that lab, x-ray, referral, and hospital reports are
placed in patient record.
- Performs and documents in-house lab testing.
- Administers immunizations and other medications according to
policy and procedures.
- Maintains standards of medication storage and handling.
- Participates as a clinical team member.
- Actively participates in pre-visit planning and daily
huddle with the clinical support team, FOS, and provider.
- Regularly attends site meetings including CSD training and
- Engages in process improvement initiatives.
- Performs non-clinical duties to support ongoing operational
- Assists with reporting as requested.
- Provides follow up on open diagnostics as assigned.
- Performs all other non-clinical tasks as assigned.
- Meets all safety and regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to all regulatory body, infection control, and
- Certification by accredited certification body
-or- qualifies to test, and obtain passing score
(Testing required at next InterCare test date).
- Possess a general knowledge of clinical practices as acquired
through formal training, including a certificate MA program, or
associates degree in Medical Assisting.
- BLS Certification, to be completed within two months of employment.
- Displays compassionate, ethical, and professional demeanor.
InterCare Community Health Network is a not-for-profit
organization headquartered in Bangor, Michigan. We employ 400 medical
and dental health professionals and support personnel at multiple
locations. InterCare is a federally qualified health center dedicated
to improving individual health and reducing health issues in the
communities that we serve. InterCare Community Health Network is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
InterCare participates in E-Verify and once you have accepted
a job offer and completed your I-9, we will provide the federal
government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are
authorized to work in the U.S.